December 1, 8 and 15th 7-8pm over Zoom
This three-session community education class will cover a variety of topics to support parents/caregivers who have a child who is LGBTQ+ and/or gender fluid or questioning.
Our first session will focus on Gender Etiquette 101. This includes:
* A discussion of pronoun usage
* Exploring key concepts
* Understanding why language matters
The second session will focus on:
* Supporting parents and caregivers by exploring developmental stages
* A discussion of what is considered ‘normal’
* Exploring strategies to encourage open communication with your child
In the third session, we will explore:
* A variety of topics in partnership with JFCS counseling staff including how to support the mental well-being of people in your life who are LGBTQ+, including those who are non-binary, gender fluid, or questioning
* We will set aside time for reflection, questions, and connection with the group.
Come for one or all of the sessions. All are welcome and encouraged to attend as we create this safe and respectful space for learning, sharing and connection.
If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is required, and just takes a minute. Register below!
We will send you the Zoom link shortly after you register. It may take up to 1-2 business days, but don’t worry it will be coming your way soon!