The JFCS Hag Sameach (“Happy Holidays”) program is a great opportunity to feel connected to the Jewish community, whether you are a recipient, donor or volunteer. Hag Sameach works with local synagogues, the Minnesota JCC, PRISM and other organizations to ensure that people in our community who are in need of extra assistance, both during the holidays and throughout the rest of the year, have a resource for holiday gifts and essential items. There are many ways to participate in this program and we are confident we will find the perfect fit for you!
If you are having hardships in celebrating the holidays – whether it is due to financial difficulties, medical reasons, isolation, or something else – JFCS is here for you! Please call 952-546-0616. JFCS’ Intake & Resource Coordination staff can connect you to the Hag Sameach program to receive gifts and ritual items for individuals and families in a confidential manner. You are also welcome to contact your synagogue and get a referral through synagogue staff.
> Self Referral Form
Each year, JFCS provides referred individuals and families in need with a gift bag of ritual Passover foods and other meaningful items to help celebrate this holiday. As part of JFCS’ Hag Sameach (Happy Holidays) program, this gift is often a family’s only opportunity to obtain the items it needs to celebrate the rich traditions of Passover. Last year JFCS served 234 families for Passover and the need will be just as great this year. Your donation in any amount is greatly appreciated!
There are several ways to donate to the Hag Sameach program. We are in need of gift items for children of all ages, as well as adults.
We accept both online donations and in-kind donations throughout the year – in preparation for the winter holidays and as a resource to provide items beyond the holidays as needed.
Volunteering for Passover delivery offers a great community service experience for people of all ages to be involved! Our current Passover Hag Sameach Volunteer opportunities:
Hag Sameach offers many wonderful volunteer opportunities during the winter holidays, Passover and throughout the year. Gather your friends, family, card group, or walking buddies and plan a fun community service project any time of year. Contact Mindy to coordinate a time that works best for your group! Please see the descriptions below for winter holiday opportunities and either click here to sign up for your favorites, or email Mindy with your name and address and we will add you to our mailing list to receive all of the information, including a paper copy of the signup form.
• Organizing/Creating: Put items together to create gift baskets, organize and shelve donations, inventory items to help determine upcoming needs
• Bagging: Using a confidential wish list, you will gather gift items from the Hag Sameach inventory customized to fit the wants and needs of the recipients.
• Gift wrapping: You will be provided with a bag of gift items and all of the materials you need to wrap gifts before they are delivered to our recipient families.
• Delivery: Gifts will be delivered to families and individuals on Dec. 11. Volunteers must pick up gifts between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. at JFCS and deliver them to the recipients by 3 p.m. We will provide breakfast/treats for volunteers to enjoy before taking their designated bags. As some of the bags vary in weight, please let us know if you would prefer a lighter bag.
• Remote volunteer ideas to do from home: These links are suggestions and you are welcome to use them or explore other websites for ideas. Also, please know that if you have ideas for other DIY gifts, please let us know! Gift card holders (knitting or crochet), Crochet animals, Dog toys, Cat toys
Mindy Teele, Hag Sameach Manager
952-542-4870 | email@example.com